Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tourists go night cycling

No matter how much you know about Singapore, there's always something to discover. Even someone who had already been to Singapore seventeen times (yes, 17) discovered a lot on his first night cycling trip!

Siddhesh Pradhan wrote in the Deccan Chronicle:
"Singapore’s always been one of my favourite places in the world. I’ve been there a record 17 times in my 18 years of existence! I thought I knew quite a bit of the country but as I discovered on my latest trip, I knew nothing! Apart from the usual tourist attractions like Sentosa, Jurong Bird Park, The Merlion near Esplanade, Singapore Zoo, the more recent eye-catchers are the Marina Bay Sands hotel and the Singapore Flyer which is the country’s version of the London Eye. I had seen it all.

A very dear friend of mine studies in Singapore and I was sure he’d have something planned. I took the MRT (the cheapest and most convenient way to get around Singapore) to Sommerset station on Orchard Road. My friend was waiting outside 313 Sommerset with two of his classmates. I wasn’t sure what the plan for the evening was but it turned out to be the best night of my life!"

For the full article, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As we really care for you, the registration fee is absolutely free. Come and join us today and add the "U Cycling Team" on Facebook to receive event invites. Interested registrants should bring their own cycles and hydration.